About the business:
Hawaiki Cable is a new bandwidth supplier in the Pacific submarine cable market. Our goal is to significantly contribute to the development of the Australian, New Zealand and Pacific Island economies by providing future-proof network capacity and direct access to, and from, the US market.
- Increased international broadband availability in the region
- Stimulating economic growth by eliminating the double tyranny of distance and over-priced international bandwidth
- Introducing true competition in New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific Islands
- Dropping the cost of connectivity for consumers and businesses across the Pacific region
Under the supervision of the IT & Engineering Director, Business Analyst’s responsibilities will include identifying / evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, clearly defining IT specifications to allow processes to be implemented via IT tools, potentially following / managing the implementation of such solutions and assessing the effectiveness of IT tools post-implementation.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Identify and evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, and uncover areas for improvement, particularly related to Operations Support System (OSS), Business Support System (BSS), Alarm Monitoring System and Trouble Ticketing System
- Lead ongoing reviews of existing business processes and develop optimisation strategies.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process / IT advancements to recommend IT platforms or tools that can improve business efficiency based on process evaluations.
- Host meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Perform requirements analysis with process owners.
- Document process audits and recommended outcomes in IT usable specifications (creating functional specifications for the recommended solutions).
- Effectively communicate insights and process development recommendations to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful reports (estimating costs, identifying business savings, etc) to aid decision making.
- Work closely with Sales team, NOC technicians, Engineers and managerial staff.
- Update, implement, and maintain processes / procedures as required.
- Prioritise initiatives based on business needs and available resources.
- Manage resources across competing initiatives in line with changing business priorities.
- Manage projects, develop project plans, and monitor project performance as required.
- Monitor deliverables and drive the timely completion of projects.
- Support business transition and help to establish change.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or MBA.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Demonstratable practical experience with BPM and BPMN.
- OSS/BSS knowledge, in Telecommunications.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Good listener and communicator.
- Experience in telecommunications or service provider company recommended.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to achieve mutually acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Visio, Planner and Outlook (or similar)
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
- Experience working within, leading, and/or developing top performing teams.
- Basic working experience with administration of Microsoft environments, office365, Sharepoint, would be handy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
NOTE: For overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents: Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in Auckland will be considered for this position